LETS TALK ABOUT DANDRUFF, SHALL WE?
What is Dandruff?
About 90% of the people have dandruff at some time in their lives. Dandruff is a condition of the scalp that causes flakes of skin to appear. It is often accompanied by itching. The causes of dandruff are not well-defined or understood. The condition occurs when the scalp is oily or dry skin.
Malassezia, a harmless fungus found on our scalp, along with the dead skin cells, which occur in the natural process, are supposed to be the reason behind dandruff formation.
Other reasons such as poor hair combing habits or not shampooing as often as required, skin diseases or certain medical conditions or even improper diet, can trigger the growth of dandruff.
Dandruff is not a disease but rather a condition which causes irritation and unease. If it is not taken care of & the problem aggravates, then it may lead to skin problems which may lead to dandruff and will need a doctor’s attention.
What are the ways for dandruff prevention?
1. Regular Washing & Conditioning - Many a times, specially during winters we wash hair less frequently than in summers. This results in cleansing the scalp & maintaining the oil balance.A good anti-dandruff shampoo should be used at intervals to control its growth. Conditioning is very essential to keep your hair in a healthy condition.
2. Brush/comb it two times a day - Combing or brushing the tresses at least two to three times during the day is beneficial as it removes the dandruff flakes and also stimulates blood circulation to the scalp.
3. Periodical Oiling - Once a week oil massage will help in keeping the dandruff at bay. The selection of oil will depend on the quality and requirement of your hair.
4. Try Grandma’s home remedies - Using ingredients easily available and known for their anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties such as tea tree oil or basil leaves, or baking soda or vinegar- are tried and tested to provide relief from dandruff.
5. Keep Stress under control - Stress is known to give rise to dandruff and eventually, leading to hair fall. To keep it at bay, you should adopt meditation or yoga or a moderate exercise regime.
6. Adopt Balanced Diet - A balanced diet is the building block for healthy, luscious manes. Your diet should be rich in vitamins, zinc, iron, protein, etc. ensuring healthy scalp & follicles.
7. Drink a lot of Fluids - It is mandatory to keep yourself well hydrated by the intake of lots of fluids. This will help to retain the moisture on the scalp & control dandruff production.
6 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Hair
1. Promotes Hair Growth - Tea tree oil helps to improve blood circulation in your hair that gives your hair strength for healthy growth. The anti-bacterial properties in the tea tree oil ensure a healthy and clean scalp. A clean scalp makes your hair follicles receptive to the nutrients which strengthen your hair roots and promotes healthy hair growth.
2. Removes Dandruff - You can apply tea tree oil by mixing it with any carrier oil to ensure that there is no bacterial or microbial growth on your hair. Applying tea tree oil on your scalp at least once in a week does the trick.
3. Adds Shine To Your Hair - Applying tea tree oil in your scalp and hair brings back the lost lustre and shine to your hair. You can massage tea tree oil in your hair and leave it overnight. Choose any carrier oil that suits your hair, mix some tea tree oil and apply to your hairs.
4. Makes Your Hair Thicker - Tea Tree oil helps to add volume and body to your hair. It gives movement to your hair which you yearned for since a long time. Massage the oil or the shampoo on your hair to stimulate blood circulation
5. Removes Itchiness - Tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that help relieve itchy scalp. It calms down the irritation caused due to psoriasis or eczema. It helps treat dry scalp and inhibits any lice formation in your hair.
6. Prevents Hair Fall - Better scalp health ensures strong hair roots which prevent unnecessary hair breakage and hair fall. It helps to soothe an irritated scalp and unclog follicles which makes your hair root stronger
Moksha has formulated the tea tree oil shampoo keeping all these benefits in mind.